2.16.2008

Opening Explosion

Drumroll, please.

Yes, this is the long-awaited first post all of you (and at this moment that includes only myself) have been waiting for. I am embarking on a new and novel undertaking, chronicling all things food.

Oh wait, you mean it's been done?

By how many???

Fine. I guess now I will just have to make it THAT much more avant-garde and cutting edge. I vow to go where no food blog has gone before.

And to start, behold the namesake of my latest electronic offspring. What an unrefined, indelicate name, you say. Do I really want to be labeled as the notorious food un-snob--the one who paradoxically weakens at the prospect of exquisite produce or a perfectly-cooked egg, but who fantasizes about bringing chaos to a kitchen with every mise impeccably en place and eating the occasional bowl of Cheerios for dinner?

Yes, yes, and yes!

So why explodingplum? I guess I could detail the many potential etymologies of this gem, but in the hopes of actually growing and not diminishing my current readership of one (gosh, could I actually turn myself away?), I will not. Suffice it to say that it combines the legends of medieval folklore with the reputations of contemporary Foodbuzz luncheons (with a tad more emphasis on the latter). In short, explodingplum will be a whirlwind of glorious, but hopefully simultaneously entertaining, contradictions. It will revere and satirize, worship and mock, adulate and deride. And look darn good doing it, too, I might add.

With that, I invite you to a viewing of quite possibly the most ingenious video on all of YouTube. Atonement, eat your heart out.



2 comments:

eatingplum said...

hilarious, my evil twin. >:)

J Dogg said...

Haha, your blog is hilarious. I thoroughly enjoy it. "mise impeccably en place" is my favorite quote